Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Monday, March 14, 2011

Another awesome, crazy, tough week...
 
We are still in the process of building up our area. We go tracting for the majority of the day and we are seeing slow progress. We found a family and the mom and dad are the nicest people in the world, although a little quiet. I hope they progress! I got my bike today and now I just have to assemble it. I'm in a car area right now but every saturday, we are required to use bikes from 11-4; just a way to save miles.
 
The past two weeks were finally the first two regular weeks of my mission, in regards to a companion. It was just me and my trainer Elder Anderson. But, guess what happened today? My companion just got called, mid-transfer, to become the Zone Leader and I'm getting a new companion on Wednesday, Elder Stone. I've heard he's a really good missionary and has been here for a while so he's experienced. I'm excited, but it means that I'm taking over the area. I need to show him around the area and introduce him to all of our investigators and ward members. I was really starting to enjoy my first real weeks of being a greenie. And then they take it away. It should be good though.
 
It's starting to get hot again. It was in the high 80's low 90's last week and it was a tremendous respite from the sun. Have I told you how excited I am for summer? Ugh. 
 
I haven't gotten bitten by any dogs yet. Most do, so I'm just waiting. I always let my companion go inside the gate first. They like to chase missionaries on bikes though so I am looking forward to this Saturday.  
 
Well, I think that's about it. Thanks ya'll for your emails and dear elders! I know I mentioned this before but we check our mailbox everyday! Oh, and friends can send emails as well. I just have to respond by snail mail.
 
Love, Elder Brett A. Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment