Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Monday, November 12, 2012

My second to last day in Texas...

Dear family,

This is unbelievable. I feel like it was just yesterday that I was in the Rio Grande public library trying to shoot off an email so we could go play futbol in the cancha haha. Time flies. I barely started getting everything packed up and it's been really hard not getting emotional. I've grown so attached to the valley. It's been my home for these past two years. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm glad that I was called to serve in south Texas; It will be so much easier to come back and visit all my friends and families that I've gotten to know.

It's been tough saying goodbye this past week, but fortunately we have facebook! Seriously though, it makes it so much easier to keep in tough. I love technology. I can't wait to plan a trip and take you all down here and introduce you to everyone. This is such an amazing place. Oh the Rio Grande valley. It might not be the prettiest on the outside, but on the inside, it's beautiful.
Thanks so much familia for all your love and support these past two years. I can't believe it's over! There were always other missionaries that were finishing the missions but I never realized that one day it would be my turn! haha. I'm still in denial I think.

Well, I guess I'll be seeing/talking to you on Wednesday. Tonight we have some FHE's planned with members/investigators and that will finish up my last working day as a full-time missionary. Tuesday morning we'll be heading to transfers; I'll help the new greenies put their bikes together, and then I'll have my exit interview with President Trayner at 2:30. We will have dinner and a testimony meeting at 6. Then we'll get up Wednesday morning and head to the airport.

Les quiero muchooo!

Con carino,
Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment