Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hello all,
 
It was so great being able to speak to you on the phone! It feels like just yesterday that I was thinking, "man, I gotta wait until Mother's Day to call them?!" Now it has already come and gone. I guess we have Christmas to look forward to. Oh man, that's going to be weird.
 
Stephanie, I have great news for you. I decided that I want to become vegetarian. (Actually, that's a lie, but I was seriously considering it!) It's because I got food poisoning again! Stupid chicken. I'm pretty sure I'd be kicked out of Texas if people found out that I decided to be vegetarian. So, for the sake of being able to continue to be a missionary, I will grudgingly eat meat at every meal.
 
Work is going great. It's been a tough two weeks though without a companion. Although, I've had a lot of help from the young men in the branch, and it was a great experience for all of them. I get my companion tomorrow and I am really excited. His name is Elder Diamond and he's been out for a year and a half. I have quite a few investigators who are preparing for baptism and it will be great to have the help of an experienced missionary to help these people reach their goal. I'll tell you more about him once I get meet him and get to know him. I've had a string of great missionaries, let's see how long my luck lasts!!
 
There's not much else that's new or exciting. Still the same 'ol Rio Grande City! Thanks so much for your emails and letters. I love getting the wonderful updates.
 
Well, have a wonderful week. I gotta write Prez the weekly email, and then we're off to Wal-mart to shop, then laundry (ugh), and then a beautiful game of futbol in the concha, where I'll get to beat Elder Ginez at his own sport!
 
Lots of love,
Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment