Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 7, 2012


Yesterday was the best day ever. This time I mean it for real. Bro. and Sis. G____, who I knew when I first started my mission in Rio Grande, now live in Edinburg and they took me back to Mercedes/Weslaco so I could participate in the baptism of the Ochoa family. They are an awesome awesome family that I grew real close to but was forced to say goodbye to before their baptism when I left for Edinburg. I was able to baptize the daughter, Vanessa. I'm so glad that I am still close to my old area! It was sooo cool being able to walk back into the chapel and see everybody that I knew. Let me tell ya, it felt like my "welcome home". It was the largest baptismal service I had every seen, and two of my recent convert families were there. I got to see the missionaries that were in my old district, I got to see my hijo (the elder I trained) Elder Ferrel!!!, and I got to see Elder Duke again. I was in a trio with him and Elder Anderson when I first got to Texas. He took my spot as district leader, after having been my zone leader up on Corpus. Yesterday was the best day ever.

We're still pretty stoked for this gigantic family that we're teaching. I love having lessons with them. I have not taught a lot of people who have had such a strong desire to learn more and to keep the commitments that we leave them. They are such a sincere family. Hopefully all continues to go well. They really love the ward. The Spanish families here in Edinburg are amazing. There's a Spanish branch in michigan right? I need to check it out when I get back home.

I can barely believe that I'll be calling home this weekend. It feels like just yesterday that I was calling home on Mother's day when I was in Rio Grande City. How much has happened since then?! My goodness.

Les quiero muchisimo!

-Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment