Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 21, 2012


It's days like yesterday that make me think "Oh crap, I only have 6 months left"

Remember that awesome family of 8 we were teaching? They all got baptized yesterday, including the father's sister that the other elders in our apartment were teaching. It was one of the coolest baptismal services ever. It looked like Michigan in the winter; white.

Today we are going over to have a family home evening at their house. We have been doing them every Monday for the past several weeks and they love it. We have had different members of the church come with us to help them learn how to hold an FHE and to make it more fun. I included a picture of the family's baptism and I'll send more (maybe in the mail) of the family when we're at the FHE. It's getting to know families like this that make me not want to ever leave.

We are teaching so many more great people. I'm excited for the month of June. My companion and I are having a blast together and we're praying that we both stay here in Edinburg for one more transfer. It will be Elder Covington's last transfer. We were saying that it would be totally unfair for one of us to leave and have somebody else come into this area and inherit such awesome families! We have worked so hard. Pero, ni modo. Whatever happens, happens. But I still hope I stay here in Edinburg!

We're going to play some basketball later today. One of the guys that got baptized yesterday, the 21 year old son, is hopefully going to come too. He was talking smack to us yesterday saying that he was going to school us on the court, so Elder Covington and I are going to show him what's up. :)

Well, love y'all bunches.

Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment