Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dec 14 2010

It is Tuesday once again! The fourteenth of December. Christmas is getting closer and closer. Is it just me or is that really hard to believe? Wasn't it just November 3rd and I was walking into the MTC with a bewildered expression on my face? It sure feels like it. Wow.
 
Well, I had a pretty awesome week. My TRC experience was fantastic. Elder Dickson and I are getting better and better. We taught the first lesson and didn't even really use our lesson plan at all. We're not memorizing it, but just remembering it much better and teaching it with much more fluidity. It's exciting. Along with the lessons, we are practicing talking about the weather, work and school, food, and other various topics that we will have to know when in Mexico.
 
Got some scary news. Yesterday evening, three elders moved into the room next door and I was confused because missionaries come in on Wednesdays. Turns out, they were in New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah for the last 5 months waiting for their visas. AHHHHHH. Well, I guess I'd rather be sent somewhere in the states while I wait, rather than stay longer in the MTC. Although, if they feel like the visas will be arriving soon, they will just keep you in the MTC for a couple weeks or so. So I guess I'd prefer the latter. I am soooo excited for Mexico though. I can't remember if I told ya'll or not but the other week, I met 2 elders that were going to Monterrey East. Turns out, their district has 8 people in it; 4 going to Monterrey East and 4 going to Monterrey West. And here my district has 8 people in it and not ONE person is going to the same area. We are the misfit district, although, we are the best district in the entire MTC!! Have I properly expressed my love and appreciation for my district? I don't think I actually could. I'm glad you all have pictures now so you can put faces to everyone.
 
Thanks for the dearElders! Sorry I don't have time to respond to everything in them, but just know that I love hearing everything! And I love having a hard copy of it. We always get the letters after we finish planning at night and it's the most exciting thing to read them when we get back to our rooms.
 
I also have some sad news. I won't be able to call home for Christmas. I guess that makes sense though because there are a bajillion people here at the MTC and there is no way they could have everyone call home. BUT...I came up with a really good idea for a Christmas present, and the rest of my district approved my idea. I can't wait!
 
Well, I hope everything is going great! I think about you all every night. Not much during the day because I am so busy doing a lot of great things, but I think you understand. I love you all so much and I am so grateful that I am able to write every week! Hope you are all enjoying the holidays! I sure am. I don't think there is a better place to be for Christmas than at the MTC. I'm pretty lucky.
 
Thanks again for everything!
 
Con amor,
Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment