Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Thursday, December 23, 2010

Dec 21 2010

Hello family!
 
I can't believe it's almost Christmas. I'm about to send out my gift to ya'll, but I'm nervous as to when it will arrive to you. I know it's going to take a loooong time. Every day there are a billions of packages arriving to the MTC and millions going out. Hopefully you get the packages before March or somethin'. I can't wait for you to get them! I'm really excited about it. Maybe you already know, because there is only so much I can do, but nevertheless I'm really excited.
 
How have the Holidays been so far? It's been amazing here at the MTC. There's over a foot of snow right now and it's absolutely beautiful. It's pretty warm outside and now that the snow stopped coming down, it looks like it's already starting to melt. There better be snow for Christmas! Can you believe that Christmas is in 4 days? I remember December used to go by soooo slow! And now I'm hoping that it slows down because it's going by too fast. Can you believe I've been here 7 weeks? I'm leaving soon!!! That is if I get my Visa. So I wrote a letter to you all this morning and I'm putting it in the package and now I am basically saying everything over again. Oh well. Anyway, I haven't heard anything about my Visa yet so I'm not sure what is going to happen with me. One, I'll stay here at the MTC for a couple extra weeks or so. Two, I'll be reassigned to somewhere else in the United States. Three, I'll get my visa right on time and leave like I'm supposed to. I think number three would be the weirdest. Elder Wallace, Elder Dickson, and I have sort of planned on staying here at the MTC longer and it would be weird to leave on time. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see! No matter what happens, I'll be happy.
 
TRC was phenomenal again. I don't really want to get into the details but we had an older man and "he was Jewish" and the lesson went great. It's really fun to look back at our first and second lessons we taught and then compare it to our last couple. It's crazy how fast everyone picks up on the language and the things they can do in such a short period of time. Maybe it's because we have special help.
 
I have 13:24 left. I can't think of much else to say though. I guess that's better than sweating to send off an email.
 
Elder Wallace is feeding me KitKats as I write this email. I can't afford to take my fingers off the keyboard. Even though I have much more time than usual.
 
So tonight we have another Fireside and we're hoping it's an apostle! Although, we have a bunch of devotionals and firesides on Chirstmas and Christmas Eve so maybe we'll have one then. Maybe the prophet? That would be the coolest thing ever. I'm so glad I'm here for the Holidays.
 
Well, I'm doing great. My companion is doing great. My district is doing great. Things are just pretty awesome here at the MTC. I wish I could describe it better. I can't wait to start sending emails once I'm in Monterrey.
 
Have a fantastic, Merry Christmas and a happy new year! Thanks for the emails and the love. Ya'll are the best!
 
Love, Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment