Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday already...

It was another great week. We have been teaching a young lady named Monica and she is all ready for baptism, but she and her mother had to go out of town for some doctor appointments so we are just waiting for her to get back. Alex and her three kids were already interviewed for baptism and all set to go but there was an emergency in the family and it has been postponed. Satan really knows what he's doing...

It's been amazing being here in Rio Grande. Mas de cuatro meses! We find out about transfers this weekend and our district is pretty excited because we're pretty sure there are going to be some big changes. Four of us have been here for a considerable amount of time, so we're trying to guess where we are all going. My prediction is that I'm going to stay here and then halfway through the transfer I'm going to get moved. President tends to do that quite often. Keeps us on our toes I guess.

Have I expressed my love and appreciation for the members here? Man, they are awesome. I feel pretty fortunate to have had the opportunity to be a part of a regular ward all my life where there are sufficient amount of people to accomplish all the required tasks. The branch here is so small and there are many members who have to do so much. It's been a blessing to see them work so hard and diligently. I forgot to bring my cord that connects the camera to the computer, but next week I am going to send a picture of me and one of the older ladies in the branch who is absolutely amazing.  She feeds us every friday evening and the last time that we were there I asked her if I could take a picture with her and her son because I wanted to show my family back home some of the wonderful members in Rio Grande. I'll tell more about her in my next email.

But how are y'all doing? I really appreciate all the updates. It's fun to read them and then tell the other elders in my apartment all about you all. I like to brag about you guys.

So Saturday night the AC in our apartment broke. It was funny because Elder Diamond and I picked up Elder Ginez and Elder Pallo because they are in a bike area and when opened up the door to the apartment and headed inside, we were all like, "Something's wrong." It didn't take long to figure out that the air wasn't working. The thermometer said 100 degrees outside, 100 degrees inside. It was a brutal night's sleep. About every hour during the night, I would get out of bed and stick my head in the freezer for a few seconds. It was miserable. Elder Ginez ended up just sleeping on the tile floor the entire night because it was a tiny bit cooler. Elder Pallo slept under the fan by his desk in the study room. Fortunately we talked to the landlord this morning and he just barely fixed it. It will be nice to go back to a nice cool apartment. This sure made me appreciate air conditioning! We teach a lot of people here that don't have it, and now I wonder how they do it.

Well, thanks so much for all your support. You all are the best.

Love,
Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment