Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Aug. 20, 2012

My goodness. Best week ever. The C____ family got baptized! This past week we've been going by every week to help them continue to prepare for their baptism and it's been wonderful. They are so converted to the Gospel. Ansberto C______ wants to serve a senior couple mission and said he's going to start saving now. He wants to come visit me in Michigan and Elder Wilson in Las Vegas, and then have our families come down to meet them sometime. They are the coolest family in the world!
The baptismal service was the biggest I've ever seen. Since Leo was going to the Mercedes ward, half the ward came to support Leo's family. Two of the families I baptized in Mercedes came too! Then we had half of the Edinburg ward; haha it was hilarious. It was basically like another sacrament meeting. Leo was so appreciative for us teaching his family. We are so grateful for all that he did to help his family out. We couldn't have done it without him.
As the baptismal service ended, it took about half an hour for everyone to clear out because I got to talk and take pictures with everyone I knew. It was awesome :) Ansberto invited us to their home that evening to have dinner with them. Finally, when everyone had left, we went back into the church because the two other elders in our apartment were also baptizing a family and we wanted to be there with them. As we walked back into the building, Elder Wilson and I looked out the doors and Ansberto and his wife were walking hand in hand to their car with their three kids, Angel (18), Leo (16) and Emily (12). They looked brilliant. There is a whole new light inside of them. It's so amazing.
We had an awesome evening eating dinner at their house. They talked about the blessings they've received since meeting with us and how good they felt after the baptism. It was hard for all of us to keep back tears. Then, I had to bear the awful news: I'm getting transferred to Hidalgo. The entire family started to cry. Ansberto told me that he knew God had sent me to Edinburg to find, teach, and baptize his family and that there is another family in Hidalgo waiting for me. I know what he said is true. I'm so excited to meet more people in Hidalgo, but I am sooo sad to leave Edinburg. I've never wanted to stay in an area so bad. Fortunately, Hidalgo isn't too far away and we're thinking that maybe on Monday's we can still get together for soccer or something. I sure hope so. We are going by tonight to have a family home evening with them. We're also getting together this afternoon to play some volleyball and soccer. I can't wait.
I can't wait to tell you more about this family (and all the other families) when I get back home. It's just too hard to be detailed in an email.
I love y'all mucho!



-Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment