Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Oct. 1 2012


Otra semana mas! Hijole, el tiempo se va tan rapido y no lo puedo creer!
 
Tomorrow is transfers...and Elder Stevens and I are staying together! We're super stoked to stay together for another transfer. We have been having so much success together and have been blessed abundantly. I can't believe that I only have one more transfer :( We had zone conferences last week with the four zones here close to McAllen (McAllen, Mission, Hidalgo, and Edinburg) and it was so cool seeing a bunch of missionaries that I have gotten to know throughout the mission. Elder Stevens and I gave a wonderful training and then before ending the conference, all the missionaries going home before next zone conference gave their farewell testimonies. I never thought that I would be a part of that group of viejo missionaries!! It was so sad.
 
The G____ family got confirmed on Sunday. It was magnificent. We have had so many members of the church come with us to lessons and they are really starting to feel at home when they are at church. Hermana S____, one of the greatest ladies and relief society presidents I've ever met, gave her a sunday dress and she wore it yesterday. We are going to get her husband a white shirt and slacks (and tie of course). The kids were actually somewhat behaved during sacrament meeting (except for little Jonathan, he never sits still). They were having some family problems when we first met and started teaching them and it's amazing to see the changes in their family. As they left church on Sunday, I ran out and yelled adios from the door and they all just looked so happy. The kids are adorable. I can't wait for y'all to meet all these families. I've been so blessed to be here instead of Mexico! Haha. It's going to be a heckuva lot easier to visit all my converts. I'm so excited.
 
Anyway, I'm including a picture of the family.
 
love you all!

-Elder Brett


No comments:

Post a Comment