Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nov. 21

Buenas tardes family!
Yesterday was another one of those "Best-day-ever"'s. Remember the story I shared about finding ___as he was walking from the gym and we were speeding by on our bikes? He got baptized yesterday, and it was the best baptismal service I've ever attended. The stake presidency and branch president were all there, as well as a large group of the YSA branch and even his family attended. ___ gave a wonderful talk on baptism and I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. I shared the story about how Elder Arens and I met him and he reminded me that the reason we raced past him on our bikes was because we were being chased by a chihuaha. haha I totally forgot about that.
Anyway, things are so great right now. I love being a missionary. It's great being with a brand new missionary who is filled with energy and enthusiasm. We are all stoked for thanksgiving. I have a feeling we're going to be overfed and I'm going to end up regretting eating so much. I'll worry about that later though.
Thanks y'all for everything. I have so much to be thankful for during this thanksgiving season, and you all take a very high spot on that list. Enjoy thanksgiving! It'll be fun to be able to enjoy a big turkey dinner with you all next year!
Con a heckuva ton de amor,
Elder Brett

PS I have lights on the front and back of my bike. They are really bright. I think the squirrels are going to have seizures when I ride past them...

No comments:

Post a Comment