Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Thursday, February 9, 2012

Jan. 30, 2012

Wow. I love Mercedes Texas. This place is awesome. I'm back to being on the border! After a 3 hour ride back down to the valley from Corpus, I got out of the transfer van and took a big whiff of Mexican air. It smelled wonderful.

Mercedes is a small town of about 12,000, which is about the size of Rio Grande, but there are hardly any businesses; just residential homes. We also cover a small city of a few thousand called Progreso and it goes right up to the border. We are teaching mostly in spanish and it is amazing being able to teach in Spanish again. I can already feel my spanish improving.

My companion is Elder Harris and he's from northern Alabama. It's good to be with someone who isn't from the west. I got pretty sick of teasing everybody from Utah, Idaho, and California. We're having a great time serving together. It looks like we have the same goals and desires and we're definitely going to get work done here.

Before leaving Corpus, I had some of the members and investigators that we were teaching sign one of my journals that I use for people I've met on the mission. The M____ family each wrote an individual note and Sister M_____'s cousin, Nellie, wrote that she will send me a picture of her baptism day. She is getting baptized this Sunday. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be there for it after teaching her everything but I'm really excited to be able to teach the people here. I've already met quite a few. One of our goals for these next couple weeks is to build up our teaching pool because we only have a few investigators. Things are looking really good though. I hope I'm here for a while. The members are great. We cover both an English and Spanish ward and I'm trying to learn all their names. There are a lot of people.

Well family, life is maravillosa. Can you believe it's February? Maybe one of my prayers will be answered and time will start to slow down. Or maybe it won't, who knows. I'm just excited to see what my time here in Mercedes will bring me. You are all in my prayers. Thanks for everything!

Que tenga un dia maravilloso!

Con mucho love,
Elder Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment