Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012

Wow. I can't believe I head out tomorrow! I'm gonna miss Mercedes so much! ahhh. Yesterday was probably the best day ever (How many times have I said that in my emails?). But this time I'm serious! This kid named Draven finally got baptized (I was privileged to perform the ordinance) and the A___ family came to church. Remember the family Elder Harris and I found? We sang "Eternas Puedan Ser Las Familias". Well, it's been a long teaching process, a lot of doubts and obstacles to overcome (He preaches at a Pentecostal church), and there were many times where I thought that we should probably drop them but we'd pray about them to confirm our decision and we always felt like we should keep teaching. Yesterday after church, we took pictures and afterwards they thanked me for not giving up on them. Sis. A____ then said that it won't just be them getting baptized, but other family members too! Turns out, we ran into her sister-in-law the other day without even knowing and she called Sis. A____ and mentioned her interest in learning more. Anyway, a lot of cool things are about to happen. Too bad I'm getting transferred right? This is why I don't want to go! But it's okay. There are some cool people waiting for me in Edinburg. I can hear them, just like Elder Harris and I heard Bro. A___ the day we found him. Oh I am so glad that we decided to keep knocking that day when we wanted to go someplace else...

Well, I'll let you know how I like Edinburg. I'm really excited. Can you believe it's already mid April? I remember last Easter so clearly. Elder Stone, Pallo, Giinez and I made breakfast tacos in the morning. We even used a tablecloth on the table, placemats, and drank from actual glasses instead of just straight from the bottle. It was pretty elegant. This year Elder Ferrel made me breakfast tacos de huevos y chorizo but we were in a hurry to church so I ate them on the go. I had a gansito for dessert (Mexican treat, similar to little debbie). Anyway...

Love ya lots!
-Elder Brett :)

No comments:

Post a Comment