Brett's apartment mailing address:

3712 Howard Dr. Apt # 18
McAllen, TX
78503



Brett's mission office address:

Texas McAllen Mission
Attn: Elder Brett Mecham
200 West La Vista Ave.
McAllen, TX 78501







Monday, April 23, 2012

Hello familia,

I am now in the beautiful city of Edinburg. It's weird because the city is actually quite beautiful; I haven't seen a city like it in about a year and a half. hmm. 

Anyway, my companion's name is Elder Covington. We're getting along great. We are working with some pretty amazing people so I'm not missing Mercedes as much as I thought I would. I still want to stay updated on the people over there. Elder Ferrel will hopefully keep me up to date.

I'm in a car area again (I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing). Elder Covington and I are the zone leaders in Edingburg, but he's the senior companion and I gotta say, it is pretty awesome being a junior companion again. It was really stressful being a district leader and training a new missionary last transfer. I got a new load now being a ZL but I feel like a large load has been taken off my shoulders. Maybe because I went from being in a large district to a small zone. There were 8 in my district but now there are only 12 in this zone, including my companion and I. It's pretty cool. Easier to keep the unity in a smaller zone. We're about to go play some basketball in McAllen with a bunch of missionaries. That's definitely a benefit of being close to McAllen; there are a bunch of missionaries close by, as opposed to when I was isolated in Rio Grande and Corpus Christi. 

Well, I'm excited to get to know the area better and keep working with these people. I hope I'm here for a while. That's what I said in Mercedes and I got my transfer call the next day. Maybe I better keep my mouth shut. 

Anyway, love y'all mucho!

-Elder Brett 

No comments:

Post a Comment